So let’s go.
Perhaps the best way to explain the idea behind this value is to take a trip back in time. Imagine the world 5 years ago. How were the buildings made? What model of mobile phone did you use? Now let’s go a little further, imagine the world 10 or more years ago. What did cars look like? What clothes did people wear? Now imagine the world 20 years from now, what will be different?
This journey through time not only awakens a sense of nostalgia, but also reminds us of the importance of being flexible, adapting to change, to the new and different things.
Change doesn’t need years or decades to happen, both minor and significant shifts occur daily within our routines:
- A train timetable that has been updated;
- A new policy that has been launched;
- A new system that has come into force;
- A new meeting that has appeared on our agenda;
- A change in our internal process;
- A restructuring of the team;
- A new client that has arrived;
- An old partner that has left.
There are countless opportunities for us to learn how to navigate change and make it resonate positively in our personal and professional growth. Here at Zeotap, Adaptive is an important value, because we don’t allow ourselves to be in a comfort zone. We are constantly learning and evolving. We build to deconstruct, deconstruct to build and during this journey we remake ourselves every day to find better ways, better solutions and more opportunities.
At Zeotap we remain flexible and responsive to changing circumstances. We are open to new ideas and approaches as well as listen to understand the perspectives of others. We are willing to learn and grow from new experiences.And why are we like this here? Because:
- We are building a new business paving the way for success and this requires constant adaptability to a fast pacing environment;
- In 2014 we started our business with a different shape to what we’ve been building since 2020, when we launched our Customer Data Platform (CDP), as we already spoke about it in the previous post, so being adaptive is part of our essence.
And being adaptive at Zeotap brings to our daily lives:
- Flexibility: Being adaptive means you can change your plans, strategies, or behaviours when faced with unexpected situations. It’s about not being rigidly attached to a single way of doing things.
- Problem-Solving: Adaptive individuals are skilled problem-solvers. They can quickly analyse a situation, identify challenges, and come up with creative solutions.
- Continuous Improvement: An adaptive mindset involves a commitment to continuous improvement. This means consistently seeking ways to enhance skills, processes, and outcomes.
- Decision-Making: Adaptable people can make decisions quickly and effectively, even when faced with limited information or unexpected factors.
- Future-Oriented: Adaptability involves looking ahead and preparing for potential changes, rather than solely relying on current circumstances.
See what Lisa Anne Briganti, our Chief People Officer, says about this value:
“Being adaptive is an important quality to have in today’s world and at Zeotap, both personally and professionally. Everything is constantly changing around us and there are far more things that we cannot control than what we can. The ability to be adaptive means accepting change as constant and with a growth mindset, which in turn will present more windows of opportunity.”
Our values help us to build a solid team with the strength to go beyond our goals.
Stay tuned for our next Post: Challenger as a value at Zeotap.