July 2022 Product Update
In July, we bring to you an array of exciting features that we have been working on:
- A new feature that allows visibility of customer profiles: Customer 360 (beta)
- A new feature that tracks segment processing: Segment Lifecycle
- A new data ingestion method: Salesforce CRM
- A new platform integration: Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Data Extensions
We hope you enjoy finding out more about these new features below.
Customer 360 (beta)
Brands now have the control to view their customer data at the individual profile level and see how it is unified in Zeotap CDP.
What is it?
As a marketer, you can look up individual user profiles to understand which attributes are unified under each profile and validate them without any external assistance, such as a tech resource. With this feature, deleting a profile as part of a ‘Right to Erasure’ request can be carried out efficiently without breaching data security. Upon viewing a customer profile, you can validate it and then inform the support team about its deletion.
What are the highlights?
- Profile look up based on single or multiple attributes
- Quick view and drill down capability to see the ID, profile and consent attribute unified for a user
- The access to this feature can be controlled at a user level
See screenshot of the new Customer 360 (beta) feature below:
In the upcoming phase, you will be able to delete profile to comply with the ‘Right to Erasure’ request directly from the Zeotap CDP user interface. We will keep you posted!
Segment Lifecycle (Phase 1)
Segment status and stages now have more clarity and are directly visible on your Connect listing page. Phase 1 of Segment Lifecycle decouples the segment processing status from the destination upload status. It also provides more granular and detailed information about the errors, making it easier for users to resolve them.
What is it?
Segment Lifecycle decouples the one overall status of a segment into two separate statuses; one for the segment processing and the other for destination uploads. In addition to this, detailed error messages are displayed on the UI that makes it easier for the users to take the required steps to resolve the issue.
What are the benefits?
- Get clarity on the true status of segment processing and the destination upload, right on the user interface.
- Self resolution of errors with the help of detailed error messages.
- No scope of false-negatives in terms of segment processing and its representation on the UI.
See screenshot of the new Segment Lifecycle feature below:
In the upcoming phase, clients will be able to see the history of the segment from when it was created to the latest state, making the platform even more self serve.
New data ingestion method
Zeotap CDP supports a wide range of data ingestion methods. Supporting both the onboarding of online (Web, App) and offline (CRM) data is critical to achieving a fully unified view of each customer that is critical for creating audience segments that deliver omni-channel personalisation at scale. With the Salesforce CRM integration now available in the platform, you can ingest your customer attributes and events from Salesforce CRM to get an enhanced understanding of your customer, which enables you to build more accurate audience segments that are more tightly aligned to campaign goals.
What is it?
We have a new data source category called CRM. Users can start by creating a Salesforce CRM in the Collect module and then onboard attributes from Lead and Contact objects. Once onboarded, customer attributes can be used in our Connect module to create personalised audience segments. Audiences can then be activated across multiple marketing, advertising and social platforms to drive customer acquisition, growth, retention and efficiency goals.
What are the benefits?
- Understand your Leads by onboarding the smallest of traits and attributes; this will deliver more accurate audience segments ready for campaign activation.
- Build enhanced user profiles by onboarding attributes from Account and Contact objects.
- Prevent overreach and poor customer experiences by onboarding customer consent and marketing preferences data – a customer’s permission for data collection and how companies can communicate with them. Companies that deliver exceptional, personalised customer experiences honour these choices.
See screenshot of the new data ingestion method with Salesforce CRM below:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Data Extension is a brand new addition to our 150+ platform integrations within Zeotap CDP.
Data Extensions are tables that contain client data. When this data arrives in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), as a marketer you can use it to create targeted marketing campaigns using emails. You can view and query Data Extensions using the Journey Builder in SFMC.
This integration supports email addresses as raw PII. To be able to use this integration ensure that you have an Admin account to access all the features of SFMC.
Below is a basic data flow example to show how the integration works:
- Create a package in SFMC account with required permissions.
- Create a Data extension table where you would want to ingest user data.
- Create a destination on the Zeotap platform for SFMC and push the segment to it.
- Log into your SFMC account and monitor the data getting ingested.
See screenshot of the new Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Data Extensions integration below: